Sunday, March 27, 2011

We All Make Mistakes

Wow I have not blogged for a while! I am not making excuses except that I have been really busy. On Friday my youth group and I are heading up to Duluth Minnesota for the District Blitz Conference.

I have been to this conference at least 4 times! But this is my first year as the Youth Pastor going up! I have even more respect my old youth pastor Mark! You do not realize how much work goes into these events until you are in the trenches!

One of the biggest things I did not want to do was make a mistake! To bad that did not happen!! I met with one of the other Youth Pastors in my area to talk about going up to Blitz. As we were going over numbers and money I realized that I only counted one night for our hotel!! We went from having a little extra money to cover some costs to help send a few kids on the trip to being 250 dollars short!! YIKES!!

I called up one of my youth leaders and was like, "I AM FREAKING OUT MAN! WE ARE SHORT AND I DON"T HAVE THE MONEY TO SEND THE KIDS WITH THE SCHOLARSHIPS!" He just responded calmly, Tyler relax it will all work out.

Well that night I just put down my books and calculator and cried out to God. "God I screwed up, and I need your help. We are short money and I want everyone to be able to go who I said can have a scholarship. God I know that you are in control, your will be done!"

You know what!? God showed up!!

Today I was sitting in my office at Church and a woman I don't even know, that I had never even seen her before gave me money for students who could not afford it! I was blown away! I never even told anyone except a few of my leaders!

In my mistake God makes himself known!

In our mistakes God makes himself known to us! This is the same in every part of our lives!

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

We all make mistakes it is called sin. And we deserve to suffer for those mistakes! But God showed up! In the form of a baby!

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are only 150 dollars short for our trip now! God is awesome!

When God's people pray dependently and humbly God shows up!

I am blown away by God's amazingness! I am humbled that he cares for me and provides for me even in my mistakes! We serve an awesome God!

Can I get an AMEN??

No comments:

Post a Comment