Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunamis and Slivers

One of the biggest things I have been challenged with as of late is my prayer life. I want to be one who is devoted to God in prayer. But at times I find myself just trusting in my own strength to try and get things done.

1st Thessalonians 5:17
Pray Continually

If I had to paraphrase this I would say PRAY ALL THE TIME!

Now at time I think we as Christians today, myself included, think of prayer as a programed thing.

Before a meal
Before a message
Before a meeting
Before bed
After a meal
After a message
After a meeting
After bed
We even have designated prayer meetings.

Now I am not saying this is bad, but for me I want to pray a totally dependent prayer! God I need you so much, and I want to talk to you so bad, I would even stop in the middle of eating! GASP!!

I have been challenged to pray when I am driving in the car. Turn the radio off and just talk out loud what I am thinking about to God.

I wonder if the people driving by me think I am nuts??

This world is in need of prayer warriors. People who are not just about praying at the right time, or when it is convenient or programmed.

There was a Tsunami that hit Japan today, as well as 18 other countries! PEOPLE ARE DYING! Did we take time to stop what we were doing and pray for these people. Sure we posted on Facebook that our prayers go out to Japan. But did we...really...PRAY!

I don't mean to say this to condemn anyone, because I am just a guilty as the next person. Sure I will pray for you and then I don't. How hypocritical can I be! God help me change!

Some of these people are our brothers and sisters in Christ! Please take time today to pray for them!

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.

I want to be faithful in prayer, and I think that is more then just our programed prayer! Pray continually! When I am in the car I want to talk with God! When I am walking from classroom to classroom, while I am at work, I want to pray for the students. We have the opportunity to communicate with God through prayer!

So whether life throws us tsunamis or slivers I wanna be a dependent on prayer. I want to be dependent on God. I want to pray continually, and be faithful in prayer!

How bout you? Will you join me? Through Tsunamis and Slivers let us Pray Continually!




No comments:

Post a Comment