Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blending Into The Crowd

So at youth group we had a sweet event. This is actually an event that I did when I was in youth group. It is called Wheres Shmeckpepper! Now I know what you are thinking...What in the world is a Shmeckpepper? Well I am glad you asked!

----- These are Shmeckpeppers!-----



At Hope Fellowship I am blessed with some awesome adults who are willing to dress up in crazy outfits!!

Thanks Joe, Tanya, Bob, Christine and Ed!!

These awesome people dressed up in crazy outfits and walked around the mall. The object of the event was for the kids to walk around and try and find the Shmeckpeppers.

As we were out at Rosedale Mall in Roseville, MN I was reminded of something. As I was walking by the crowds of people they all just blended in with the next person. Then with a glimpse of hope...a Shmeckpepper! They looked semi-normal, yet there was something about them that made them seem different!

I think as Christians we should be like this. It is not our job to blend into the crowd and just get by!

1st Peter 2:11-12
11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

I urge you. Paul urges us to, as aliens of this world, abstain from sinful desires. The Devil wages war against us! We are at war. Do you just wanna blend in with the world so that you can get by, or enter the battle field?

Now I don't want you guys to think you have to live a good life to earn your salvation. The reason we should live a good is so that the people who don't know Christ can see our life and be attracted to God! We are to be Christ to the world. We cannot be Christ to the world if we, first, do not act like Christ, and second if we are just okay blending into the world!!

So let me ask you are you a Shmeckpepper??

No comments:

Post a Comment