Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inscribed

I grew up in a pretty conservative Christian home. I spent 16 years in the Covenant Church which is also pretty conservative! When I was a Junior in high school my family switched churches to a baptist church, and I now serve as youth pastor in a baptist church.

I often joke about how I don't make a very good baptist! Thank goodness for God's Grace! ;) Even though I cannot dance, I do. I have tried beer, but not till I was 21! I also have a tattoo! No need to quote Leviticus to me. I know what it says. I know that a lot of Christians have a hard time with tattoos. My mother included.

I really wanted a tattoo when I turned 18, but some factors played into me not getting it until I was 21. Money, that was a pretty big one. I wanted to make sure that what I got meant something! I also wanted to respect my mom and so I waited until I moved out.

But I was reading in Isaiah today! It says this!!

Isaiah 49:16a
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands;

Now look at that word inscribed! This word is used six other times in the Old Testament! Each time it is used it talks about inscribing or writing something into stone or metal! It is permanent!

In Isaiah the Israelites are complaining that God has forgotten them. God tells them that he has "tattooed" them on the palm of his hand! It is hard to forget something that is on your hand!

No matter what you are going through know that if you have surrendered your life to Christ your name is on the palm of his hand!

If you feel like God is distant, or has forgotten about you, remember you are inscribed on his hand!

This means that you are important to him! When I was deciding what to get for a tattoo I asked myself over and over what do I want to remember that my life is most about!

My tattoo is Greek for Love! The word is Agape. This is what I want to remember most! God loved (Agape) me so much that he sent his son Jesus to die for me! When I surrendered my life to him he wrote my name on his palm! My goal, or purpose in life is to share that LOVE with everyone I come in contact with!

1st John 4:19
We love because HE first loved us!

This is my life verse! I want to Agape because God first loved me! His love is what makes my heart beat! I never want to forget it so I inked myself! Every time I raise my arm, for worship, or work, or yawning, or saying hello to anyone, reaching for a hand shake or hug. If I am frustrated with life and I throw up my arms wanting to give up, I have it there to remind me that...

GOD IS LOVE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment