Monday, March 28, 2011

Check Check Test 1-2

I love music. I love listening to music from big bands and small bands. I love going to concerts. This may sound kinda funny but one thing I find interesting at concerts are the people that test the mics. Check Check Check Check Check Test Test Test 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. If you have ever been to a concert you know what I am talking about.

I began to think to myself, "how often do we as Christians check our mics?" Or do we even care if our mics are on?

As Christians we are called to go into the world and make disciples! (Matthew 28) We are called to be ambassadors! (2nd Corinthians 5:20) But at times I find myself being OK with not speaking out.

"Oh I don't want to cause an argument." Or, "I don't think it is gonna make a difference." Well if I truly believe that the gospel is so life changing why am I afraid to step up to the mic?

2nd Timothy 1:7a
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power...

The Holy Spirit gives us the strength, power and the words to say! We just have to step up to the microphone! Speak out be bold. Tell people about the life changing Jesus. Tell them how he changed your own life, and that he can change theirs!!

In Acts 4 a number of the early Christians were just arrested and commanded not to preach the gospel of Jesus again or they could be jailed or killed. They were scared out of their pants. Their lives had been changed by Jesus. They spent 3 years with him for Pete's sake! Yet they were told they could not talk about Jesus! You know what they did? They fell to their knees in prayer. Then after they had prayed it said that the place they were in shook! Then they went out and preached the gospel!! Talk about boldness!

Prayer shakes our lives and the places we are and the people around us!

Dependent prayer is essential in stepping up to the mic!

So how bout you? Is your mic on? Are you bold in speaking out the gospel to all of those around you?

Maybe you are saying Tyler I don't know I am just not that kinda person? I would say we all are those kind of people! 2nd Corinthians 5:17-19 talks about how we are made new in Christ!

You are not the person you were before Christ! So be BOLD! When you don't feel bold, pray that God will make you Bold!

We do not have the spirit of fear but the Spirit that rose Jesus from the dead! When we pray dependently on God, HE MOVES!!

Check Check is your mic on??

No comments:

Post a Comment