Friday, March 4, 2011

Civics and Civility!

Those of you that know me, or if you don't know me you would find out that people who drive slow drive me nuts. I don't mind if you drive the speed limit. To be honest even 1 or 2 miles under doesn't even bother me. But when it is 65 MPH, 55 MPH is not okay!

I was driving home from work today and I was stuck behind a Honda Civic! Yep you guessed it. They were going 45 in a 60. That was not even the worst part they were fluctuating between 45 and 55. So not only are we going slow but I can't even put my cruise control on and ride it out.

AHHH!!!!

Then when I finally had the chance to pass this person I kicked my little 4 cylinder Toyota into gear and VROOM! But as I passed I looked over and saw that the young girl was crying.

I felt like a JERK!

All I could think about was how mad I was that this person was driving like blind wombat! Now I don't know why she was crying, but frankly it doesn't really matter. The fact was she was hurting!

Then it hit me...

How often do we just fly by people on the highway of life and all we can think about is why are they slowing me down?!?!?!

Why was I in such a hurry? I didn't have anywhere to be!

As I went by I started to pray...God give me your eyes! Let me see what breaks your heart and let me act on it when I can!

I don't wanna be so caught up in the highway of life that I miss chances to help people who are hurting! This world is hurting, and we have the opportunity to help!

I wanna love on people because Jesus loved on people! I can't love on people if I am to worried about passing the slow Civic.

1st John 4:11-12

11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

I want God's love complete in me. So I want to love! I want to love those who love me. I want to love those who are nice to me. I want to love those who are easy to love...

...I also want to love those who are hard to love. I want to love those who are not nice to me. I want to love those who are hard to love. I want to love those who drive slow on the highway, because we are called to love like Christ loved!

1st John 4:19

We love because He first loved us.

How's your driving? God is working on Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment