Thursday, February 17, 2011

Overflowing

I am starting my new communication in ministry class at Northwestern on Monday. In my reading for this class I am reading this monster textbook. It is like 780 pages! But as I was reading in it today I came across at chapter that talked about how to be an effective preacher you must be saturating yourself with God's word! I thought to myself, "shoot, this is not just for preachers. This is for every Christian!

So I asked myself! Am I saturated with God!?!

I looked up the word saturated. It says that it means to be soaked, charged thoroughly or completely. To be brought to a point of saturation!

I love that! Am I charged by God? You could put it this way...

...Am I satisfied in God?

If you want to be an effective Christian, if you want to impact people for Christ you must be satisfied in God!

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.


If we thirst and hunger for righteousness Jesus says we will be satisfied! I don't know about you but I want to be satisfied in God. If we are satisfied in God we are saturated with God. To be saturated is to be completely filled.

What happens when something is full and you add more to it!?


It overflows!


So you want to overflow? You want to be an impact to those around you? First you must be satisfied in God! Do you have a hunger for God's word? Do you cherish the Bible? Do you "eat it up?" I want to overflow, but first I must make sure I am being satisfied by God!


Are you satisfied in God?

2 comments: