Saturday, February 12, 2011

Are You Out of Your Mind?!?!

I was reading in 2nd Corinthians today, chapter 5. Then a verse jumped out at me and made me think.

13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God;

I know that this verse is surrounded by a larger context, but I began to think do people think I am out of my mind?

Do people think I am crazy??

I don't go out and get drunk on a Friday night, because it is fun. I go to Church every Sunday. I raise my hands when I worship. I don't say God Dangit, when I stub my toe, because I love God and his name is HOLY! I remember back in High School people were blown away at the fact that I, a senior in high school, had never tried beer.

"You have never tried beer? That's crazy!"

I don't write this to make myself look good, because there are so many other areas in my life that I am convicted about. I write this as a challenge to myself. Am I (Tyler Roland) out of my mind for Christ??

A crazy person cannot be sane, and a sane person cannot be crazy! Are you Crazy?

As I read on more into chapter five, I came across a powerful passage! Why am I so concerned about being crazy? Why do I want to stand out in this world? Is it for my own glory? NO!

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Do you know what is crazy? It is crazy that God, the perfect, holy God reconciled me from my sins! You know what is crazy?! God sent Jesus, his ONLY son, to die for me, you and everyone! You know what is crazy?! God allows us to join Him in ministry! You know what is crazy?! We can become the righteousness of God, through Christ!

So the world thinks I am crazy? I hope so! Cause I serve a Crazy Powerful God! I serve a Crazy Loving God! I serve a Crazy Mysterious God!

I wanna be out of my mind!!!



1 comment:

  1. So since I am a female and you told me I couldn't read your previous post, I came to this one. Super good! =)

    ReplyDelete