Saturday, February 19, 2011

Be Careful Little Eyes!

The title of by blog is based on the Hebrews 12:1-2 passage, but there are other passages in the Bible that talk about eyes. I am not sure what it is, but I am fascinated with the concept of eyes.

I have told my youth that...

...We must be careful what we allow in our eyes because what goes in our eyes effects our minds, as our minds are compromised so goes our heart. As our heart goes, our ill actions will stem from them.

Matthew 6 Jesus talks about the eyes...


Matthew 6:22-23

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good(Healthy), your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad(Unhealthy), your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness.



Your eyes are the lamp of the body! So how important is it for us to protect our eyes! We protect our eyes to protect our heart. What we allow in our eyes will effect what our heart feels.

If we are focusing on what we want, then our mind tells us we need to get this for ourselves. If we become focused on ourselves then our heart is only concerned for what we want. We therefore become self-centered people. And our Heart is not in tuned with God's.

Your focus becomes your reality!

I want my heart to break for what breaks God's heart! I want my focus to be God so that God can be my reality!

If I focus on the things that breaks God's heart, then my mind with be in line with what God's will is! Then my heart will break for what breaks God's heart! Then my actions with reflect who God is!

Eyes-Mind-Heart-Action!

We do not just make the statement that I want to follow God, I want to do God's will! We must first Focus on God, then our mind will be in tune with God, then our heart will be lined with God's, So we can show God's Love to the world through our actions!

If we want to live for God, we must protect our eyes. God must be our Focus!

As Goes our Eyes, Goes our Heart!



1 comment:

  1. Brings back Brothers in Arms (Which I see we are doing at your church!)

    ReplyDelete