Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cattle on Hills

I was working on some finance stuff today. If you know me, you may know that I can worry at times. And there is nothing more I worry about then money. This is a constant struggle of mine, between God and I.

Money Sucks!

With Laura and I getting married this summer it has only been amplified!

Money Really Sucks!

Sometimes I find myself thinking man what if we were back when they did bartering? Anyone wanna buy a sister or something? Just kidding to my sisters!!!

But what I am getting at is this verse.

Psalms 50:10
"For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills"



Now you must understand that during this time Cattle was the stuff! You were measured for your wealth by your beef!

Where's the Beef??

This verse is talking about how God. The God who created us and loves us, has access to the wealth of the world. After all it is his.

So today I found myself worrying about paying for health insurance for Laura and I when she comes onto my plan. I was freaking out about how much it was going to cost! It is a little crazy! But Laura kept saying, "Tyler it will all be okay, God will provide, just pray about it." At that point I was thinking to myself

This is not what I wanted to hear!!

However looking back on it, it is exactly what I needed to hear! I was reminded of this verse. God is the God of everything. God will give me what I need if I am faithful to him. I thank God daily for Laura and her positive attitude when I don't have a good attitude! She is such a blessing to me, I do not even deserve it!

Praise God! In good times and bad! Praise God!









No comments:

Post a Comment