Monday, August 22, 2011

Bible Character Fantasy Draft

Hey all I am back! I want to have something deep and spiritual to say to you all but for some reason God has me in a goofy mood today. Hey I have an excuse to be goofy, I am a Youth Pastor.

On Thursday I am going to be doing a Fantasy Football Draft! This will be my 6th year doing fantasy football, the 3rd with this league. I enjoy fantasy football, all the trading and drafting and dropping injured players. I like to think those who can't do play fantasy football.

As I was doing my devotions this morning I was reading a little in John and then reading some in Judges. I don't know if many of you have read Judges, but if you have you know that these people were like, beastly. Sure they have their flaws. Samson had a weakness for the ladies, Ehud jumped kings on the john (Okay that is actually kinda cool), Othniel married his cousin. But the judges and many other biblical characters were totally bad to the bone...in a good kinda bad way? Nevermind.

So I began to think, "what if we did Bible Character Fantasy Drafts?" Pretty sweet huh? I think if we were to do that it would look a little something like this...


(Cue Music!)

Commissioner: Okay quiet quiet. I would like to welcome you all to the 5th Annual Bible Character Fantasy Draft. Let's get started, first a few rules. Please don't pray that God will smite the person who takes the pick you wanted. Other than that you are good.

Team FirenBrimstone: With the first pick in this years draft the FirenBrimstone draft The Judge Samson.

Team DudeswithLongHair: No way we named our team after him! (Starts to Pray)

Commissioner: Ahahah no smite prayers remember.

Team Shalom: With the second pick the peacemakers draft Solomon.

Team FirenBrimstone: Good pick he may not be the most fit but that guy is smart.

Team Agape: With the third pick in the draft Agape drafts Jesus.

Team Shalom: Whoa Whoa I don't want cause any problems but no one said you can draft diety?

Team FirenBrimstone: Yea if the Son of God can be drafted we might as well mail in the season its over. If a guy can defeat death we are royally dominated!

Team LastShallBeFirst: I call God, I call God.

Team Agape: You can't draft God we have Jesus, they are one in the same!

Team GhostHunters: We call the Holy Ghost.

Team Agape: Seriously? Come on!

Commissioner: Hey guys this is a draft not a theological debate.

Team Lukewarm: We draft Lucifer.

Team FirenBrimstone: Not cool dude, not cool.

(Some time passes)

Commissioner: Alright we are almost done with this years draft. Only one Bible Character left. Who wants Judas?

Team FirenBrimstone: No way I am good.

Team Agape: Pass.

Team Shalom: While I just want to make peace with this situation I must decline.

Team DudeswithLongHair: Hair is to short.

Team LastShallBeFirst: Is that my mom calling?

Team GhostHunters: No thanks!

Team Lukewarm: Sure why not...

Commisioner: Awkward...

Maybe we should leave the Fantasy Drafts to football??

No comments:

Post a Comment